Effective January 1, 2020
Because some of the visitors to our Web site are children, we take care to make certain that our content is appropriate for kids of all ages. We do not ask our visitors to disclose more information than is necessary for them to participate in a particular activity and this Web site does not allow any user, whether a child, teenager, or adult, to post publicly any personally identifiable information.
Like most web sites, this Site gathers traffic patterns, site usage information and other aggregated data in order to evaluate our visitors’ preferences and the effectiveness of this Site. This aggregate usage data does not identify you individually. In addition, you may be prompted to enter information to open an account or make on-line purchases which may hold personal information such as your name, mobile/cell phone number, mailing address and/or credit card information. We may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about visitors to this Site with third-parties, and we may allow third-parties to collect aggregate data through this Site and/or supplier sites accessible from or though this Site. We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on other types of personal data we collect, such as your location based on your IP address or your interests based on your browsing behavior related to our product offering.
B. How the Information We Collect is Used The information collected may be combined with other information collected about you and is used and disclosed in a number of ways by us, to help us better understand and serve our customers, including without limitation the following:
- To provide you with, or otherwise respond to your requests for, information and/or services, including but not limited to e-newsletters, marketing programs, forward-to-a-friend or other options in our marketing programs.
- To enhance our customers’ experiences at our Locations and on this Site.
- To analyze customer behaviors and trends.
- To conduct research and analysis and to otherwise measure the effectiveness of our online and offline marketing efforts and to develop products, services, and marketing programs.
- To coordinate program activities and communications with other marketing programs conducted by us.
- Create and manage your account;
- Offer and provide products and services to you;
- Respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- Manage your application for employment and contact you in connection with potential employment opportunities;
- Process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Web Sites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information); Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (any of which are referred to herein as a “Device”) used to access the Web site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device, and our servers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the Device used to access Web Site. We may use Device Identifier information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Web site and our products and services. Device Identifier information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as personal information; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies. In addition, we may use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Web Sites, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Web Sites, (iii) marketing, (iv) demographic research and (v) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Web Sites, identify users of our Web Sites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Web Sites, how users navigate through our Web Sites, and how we may tailor our Web Sites to better meet the needs of our users. We may use third-party web analytics services on our Web Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the Web Sites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these analytics providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Web Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit here. We may combine information we collect from you with information we receive from third parties and use it for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. When you post a comment on our Web Sites, third party social network services or blogs, we may publish your name and/or user ID thereon with your comment. We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, franchisees and joint marketing partners. We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity, (iii) while negotiating or in connection with a change in corporate control such as a merger, sale or restructuring or (iv) in connection with your consent to sharing.
C. Purchase of Products and Services When making a purchase on our Website, you will be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, credit card information, and billing address. We use this information to process your order and, if applicable, to ship your order to you or your designated recipient. Your personal information is also used to contact you if necessary, during our processing of the online transaction and to send you Main Event’s periodic newsletters containing information about special events and promotions at Main Event.
D. Comment Inquiries Our Web site contains a link to provide us with comments about your experience Main Event. This section of the Web site asks for your name, telephone number, and e-mail address. We use this information to contact you for a follow-up conversation about your experience at Main Event.
G. Children’s Privacy We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years. This Site is directed to persons who are at least thirteen (13) years of age. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information through any point of contact, we ask to be contacted at the below address or email address and we will delete the information about the child referenced from our files. H. Sharing of Personal Information as Required by Law We will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, such as if we receive a court order or subpoena demanding the information. We will also disclose personal information to law enforcement officials if we believe our disclosure of the personal information will help protect your safety or security, the safety or security of your property, or the safety or security of our employees, our property or this Web site.
I. Security of Your Personal Information Main Event requires that its suppliers take appropriate steps to keep your personal information confidential. Although we can’t guarantee that there will never be a security problem, we have in place appropriate security measures to carefully guard against the loss or misuse of the information collected. Notwithstanding the aforementioned protections, Main Event makes no representations, warranties or conditions or any kind, express or implied, with respect thereto.
J. Privacy Rights All users may manage their data as follows:
- Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages.
- Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial or promotional text messages by texting the word STOP in response to a text from Main Event from the mobile device receiving the messages.
- Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings.
- Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings.
- Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of the Web site.
California Residents are provided additional rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use and disclosure of personal data Categories of Personal Data Collected: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal data: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, audio and visual information, inferences drawn about your preferences, and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see description of “Information Collected” above. Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Using Data: We collect personal data for the business purposes described in the “How the Information We Collect is Used” section above. Categories of Sources of Personal Data: We collect personal data from you and Cookies and Tracking Technologies, Third-party Service Providers, Third-party social media companies. Categories of Personal Data Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal data for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, internet and electronic network activity information, commercial information, audio and visual information, geolocation data, demographic information, inferred information, and other information that we have derived or inferred about you or that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Data: We may share your personal data with the third parties as described in the “Information We Share” section above. Sale of Personal Data: Main Event does not sell your personal data. Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above. Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us at one of the methods set forth below in How to Contact Us. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. In addition, California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosures, if any, of personally identifiable information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at either the email or physical address provided below in the How to Contact Us section and include your name and the address to which you would like us to respond. We will attempt to promptly provide you with the requested information Nevada residents, you may opt out at any time from the sale of your information to third parties by submitting a verified request to email@example.com directing us that we do not sell to third parties any of your information that we have collected or will collect about you. The effect of your opt-out will be to prevent us from selling your information to third. Your opt-out will NOT affect the information we collect about you or use for our own purposes.
Main Event Entertainment 5445 Legacy Drive, Suite 400 Plano, TX 75024 Attn: Privacy / Legal Department You may also contact us by telephone at 469-661-2695. If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us here or toll free at 855-215-7667.